Restore formatted data
This program is outdated, use the
"Restore" function of the program
Fomsoft Data Recovery
Fomsoft UnFormat NTFS - configuring search filter to the right user files and information.
After the control of correctness of instructions of the logical drive to search for formatted files, the program get on the screen
dialog that allows to select files by extension or the first characters of the name, figure 6.
Fig. 6. Filter setup file search, a user needs.
After clicking the dialog button [APPLY] starts scanning a sector of space
problem disk device. Scanning is displayed in the dialog presented in Fig. 7.
Fig. 7. Filter setup file search, a user needs.
The program uses an adaptive method of handling failures in reading data from the disk. To achieve high speed reading,
sector space of the disk is read in blocks of 129 sectors. If the read operation fails, the program
performs the following operations:
The procedure for handling failures in reading one sector is similar to the procedure described above.
- it gives an error message where the specified address starting address of read block of sectors, and system error code (Fig. 7a).
- Organized pause for completion of the procedures for handling failovers by the firmware of the hard disk management.
- Is a software reset of the drive.
- Checks the readiness of the hard drive to receive subsequent commands.
- If the hard disk does not confirm readiness, the system displays the message shown in Fig. 7b, and the procedure is repeated with the first point.
- If the drive is ready, then the bad block sectors populated by reading one sector.
Fig. 7a. The failure message read data from the hard disk.
Fig. 7b. The message about the fatal loss of drive ready.
Since the MFT is at the beginning of the logical disk, the scanning process can be stopped without waiting for the achievement
the end sector of space, by pressing the [STOP].
The moment when you can stop scanning, you can determine the achievement counter
"File was found in total" the expected values and halt the increase in its value.
After completing the scanning process, the program begins the procedure of reconstruction of the old directory tree.
During the reconstruction process, the program displays a dialog box waiting for completion of the reconstruction process, Fig. 8.
The processing time of the information found significantly depends on the number of files found.
Therefore, when a large number, you should be patient and not assume that the program hung.
Fig. 8. Notice the user about the configuration directory tree.
After the operation is complete, recreate the formatted directory tree, the program displays the final result of the search
formatted data, is shown in Fig. 9.
Fig. 9. Total search result formatted data.
After clicking the dialog button [CONTINUE], the program proceeds to display the reconstructed tree.