the search for the location of data on disk devices.
To search for data locations must be activated in the main program menu item "Search locations" data, Fig. 3.
This menu consists of three submenus:
Fig. 3. Menu "Search data" on the disk.
- wildcard Search in the file
- Search for the signature of the file
- Search for the signature entered from the keyboard
You can search for context or mask.
- Context is a sequence of characters, which you may reside in any location
- Mask this specific place in the sectors of the disk device that contains the search sequence.
The search sequence can be entered keyboard or take file.
It is indicated:
The matching is performed within a user-specified range of sectors in the form of start and end
the scanned fragment of disk space.
- sector number of the file (file is divided into sections of 512 bytes, the sections are numbered from zero);
- the offset of the search image relative to the beginning of the section;
- length of search.
Addresses found sectors (LBA-address and in the form of Cylinder-Head-Sector), contains the search image is recorded
in a text file that can be viewed with any text editor, e.g., Notepad, Fig. 4.
The file is written to the current directory from which you run the program, if you enter a context with the keyboard or directory
where is the file from which the mask is taken or the context of the search.
Fig. 4. The contents of the file with the search result.
The file name consists of the constants HD, the disc number, an underscore, the serial number of the disk device or
20 gaps and extensions ".txt", Fig. 5.
Fig. 5. Example of file names with search results.