Physical and logical drives.
When you activate this menu item, the program displays the physical parameters of the hard disk devices (hard drives) and the layout:
For all the physical disks, the program shows information about the logical partitions file systems FAT and NTFS.
If the disk contains partitions of other types, the information on them is not displayed:
- the First line, two options:
- Channel (port) connect the drive to the computer;
- the Identifier for the type of layout MBR or GPT.
- the Second line, the four parameters:
- the Serial number of the hard disk, starting with zero;
- hard drive Capacity;
- The unique serial number of hard disks, flash cards and flash drives field is not populated;
- the License ID for the disk, If the disk is licensed, the ID is displayed in green.
- the Third line contains the model name of the hard disk, both internal and external, connected via USB.
Figure 2 shows an example of this screen:
- Alpha identifier of the logical drive if the partition uses a file system, or its sequence number, from 0 to 5;
- the Type of file system (FAT-16, FAT-32 or NTFS) partition;
- the size of the partition in gigabytes with two decimals.;
- start LBA of partition on the physical disk (hard drive).
Fig. 2. Program Fomsoft Disk Editor, information about the physical and logical drives connected to the computer.